Monday, July 6, 2009

French Top 40

Know Your Enemy


Top 40 radio stations in the US are known to have ridiculously small playlists. Even legitimate hits are played ad nauseum, killing your desire to ever hear the song again. In France, I have to say it's even worse. You would think that the variety of international languages and diversity of cultures in Southern France would open up unlimited song choices.

One consequence of the super-cheap cars we've been renting is that radio reception is awful. That combined with the steep plateaus that ring our valley, we only get a few stations. The choice is between French folk and top 40. More like top 2. Every time I get in the car, I'm guaranteed to hear Know Your Enemy by Green Day and Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas. I actually like both bands, but I don't think I'll ever want to hear those two songs again.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ken Maschke is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.