Saturday, October 17, 2009

Flight of the Phoenix

Over the next three weeks, I will be back in the States attending multiple engineering conferences. My first destination was Phoenix to attend the National Council of Structural Engineering Associations annual conference. I'm on a committee about media relations and educational outreach. The conference was held well outside the city in a convention center in Fort McDowell.

My brother also lives in Scottsdale, so I was able to stay with him during the conference. It was great to see him again. Immediately before moving to France, I had attended his wedding in Phoenix.

One morning before my conference events, I went hiking up Camelback mountain - so named for the shape of the rocky profile from a distance. It is one of the steepest hiking ascents you'll find so near to civilization. With only a couple of hours to spend, I didn't even make it all the way up the 1.5 mile hike. Still, I was able to snap some panoramic views of the city.

IMG_3932

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ken Maschke is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.