Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Storming a Castle

I just can't help myself. If I see a castle, I simply must find some way up to the gates, frequently to the chagrin of my companions. Not 30 minutes after telling my sister that we wouldn't be doing any hiking, I had us on the path to the fortress overlooking St-Victor-la-Coste.

"It's an easy hiking trail," I argued.

"You're not wearing flip-flops and a dress!" Nancy retorted.

Lesson learned? Doubtful. As ever, storming castles is risky business. Sometimes you lose friends and get locked in a dungeon.

picture0167 ken locked in
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. What lesson? Don't ever listen to my brother? It wasn't a hard trail though, so I'll let you off the hook this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gibbs Gardens Gibbs gardens are world-class gardens in North Georgia. Gibbs gardens include 16 gardens and 3 main ones | aheartfulloflove.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ken Maschke is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.